Model discontinued 2/27/2024
We are proud to announce the Paul Howe Tactical Carbine, the first firearm collaboration between Wilson Combat and renowned author and tactical shooting expert Paul Howe. The Paul Howe Tactical Carbine combines the unsurpassed build quality and attention to detail of the gunsmiths and designers at Wilson Combat, and the 30 years of tactical experience that Retired Master Sergeant Paul Howe has learned as an operator and trainer in selecting his ultimate all-around tactical rifle.
"Were I to have the choice of only one gun, it would be the Paul Howe Tactical Carbine. I could do short, intermediate, and long-range work with this one rifle. It is like having one rifle to play the entire course."
- Paul Howe
Learn more in the tabs below.
Paul Howe Lightweight Tactical Carbine - 6.5mm Creedmoor
The first thing you will notice is our striking new Camouflage Armor-Tuff finish. This special finish has been developed to blend in well in many urban and rural environments. This exclusive hand-applied pattern reduces IR signature and also keeps the rifle cooler in high temperatures. The Paul Howe Tactical Carbine uses our peerless, match-grade, stainless steel barrel with deep lightening flutes and an Accu-Tac flash hider.
A Two-stage Wilson Combat TTU with heavier springs for a 4.5-pound trigger release-- an ideal weight for gloved use in an operational environment-- is standard. Paul selected a Daniel Defense fixed-front sight tower along with his CSAT rear aperture flip up for fast, reliable combat sighting. This special lightweight model also features a lightweight billet upper receiver for additional weight savings.Key Details
- Base price: $3,685
- Caliber: 6.5mm Creedmoor – WC-10 platform
- Barrel length: 16" fluted threaded
- Overall length: 34.5"
- Weight empty: 8 lbs
- Lightweight billet upper (flat-top) and billet lower receiver
- Wilson Combat Paul Howe match grade barrel
- Intermediate length gas system with adjustable gas block
- 5/8" x 24 threaded muzzle with Accu-Tac flash hider
- Wilson Combat M-LOK® rail (suitable for gas block coverage)
- Wilson Combat/BCM Starburst Gunfighter grip, Flat Dark Earth
- Wilson/Rogers Super-Stoc®, Flat Dark Earth
- Wilson Combat TTU (Tactical Trigger Unit) H2, 4.5#
- Premium bolt carrier assembly
- Flip-up rear BUS with CSAT aperture
- Daniel Defense fixed front sight
- Armor-Tuff® finish applied over Mil-Spec hard anodized Upper/Lower receivers (Flat Dark Earth base camo standard – other colors optional)
- Can be built to meet California compliant specifications
- "Kit" Options $1475:
- Wilson Combat Bullet Proof scope mount, 30mm
- Leupold VX-6HD, 1-6x24, FireDot Duplex
- Streamlight TLR-1 HL
- Premium sling
Weights shown are close approximations. Due to slight variations in all parts and/or custom option deviations, we cannot guarantee the weight to be 100% specific on any firearm.
Due to current demand, components may be substituted in order to complete your firearm in a timelier manner.
M-LOK® is a registered trademark of Magpul Industries Corp.
About Paul Howe
Paul Howe is a high-risk training instructor who served 20 years in the US Army, ten of those in Special Operations. He served as a Tactical Team Leader in multiple combat operations and Senior firearms Instructor while assigned to a tier-one unit of US Army Special Operations. During his service and since his retirement he has become one of the most sought-after experts on close-quarters combat and law enforcement/military small arms weapons and tactics in the world. Learn more about Paul Howe at Combat Shooting and Tactics.
Photos may include features and/or upgrades not included in the base model and price.