AR Custom Work
Wilson Combat has been performing World Class Custom Gunsmithing on AR pattern rifles since 1999. We have a variety of customization options available to upgrade your rifle.
As Wilson Combat is a true custom shop, some options may be available that are not listed in our Custom Gunsmithing rates. Please contact us for more information.
Customize Your Existing AR Pattern Rifle
Our AR customization options allows for a variety of upgrades, parts, and finishes that can be applied to most AR models. Please contact us via our contact page for more information.
When you are ready to send in your gun for cusomtization, please complete the form below. Make a copy for yourself and send a copy enclosed with your firearm when you ship it.
We can also perform some limited work on bolt action rifles, such as converting certain Ruger American rifles to 300 HAM'R, or refinishing your rifle with Armor-Tuff.
Custom Armor-Tuff Finish Options
ARMOR-TUFF™ Protective Firearms Finish was developed specifically for firearms use to provide a non-reflective tactical surface finish with optimum corrosion protection, abrasion resistance and enhanced lubricity. The low curing temperature prevents parts from damage such as warping during the finishing process.
A firearm finished with ARMOR-TUFF™ has the most durable, chemical and heat resistant, thermally cured firearm finish available.
Rifles can be finished in the Armor-Tuff™ finishes, or Combat-Tuff finishes. Combat-Tuff is a two-stage Armor-Tuff™ finishing process that achieves the distressed, cutting-edge look of a well-used tactical firearm. It requires multiple coats of our legendary spray-on coating and a special hand finishing process.
NOTE: Due to the nature of true custom hand crafted finishes, variations in color and pattern are natural and to be expected. Any visual representations are examples, not identical replications of all finished product.
Custom Work Terms and Conditions
- You must obtain an RMA and shipping label from Customer Service BEFORE sending in your firearm. Please call 800-955-4856.
- We will not work on firearms that have been previously modified by anyone other than the Wilson Combat Custom Shop.
- Any and all work performed is up to the discretion of the Custom Shop Manager.
- Please do not send items not necessary for custom work. Example: Gun rugs or cases, magazines, etc.
- All weapons left in care of the shop are done so at your own risk.
- Due to federal regulations, customers' firearms must be returned to the address from which they were received. If you have a change of address, written request for such change is required.
- If your firearm is shipped from an FFL dealer, it must be returned to the same FFL dealer.
- Minimum Custom Work order is $100. If work requested is under this amount, the invoice will be adjusted accordingly.
- If your firearm is being customized in a way that includes machining or mill work then you are required to purchase a refinish.
- Quoted lead times on custom work are approximations. We do our best to adhere to time frames but with all true firearm customizations, these times can vary. Please be patient while your custom work is completed as we are working diligently.
Custom Work Shipping Information
To send your firearm to Wilson Combat for Custom Work, you must first call Customer Service at 800-955-4856 to obtain an RMA # and Return Label. Firearms will not be accepted for Custom Work without the proper RMA and label.